Veggie Egg Roll
Featured Products: Wing’s Egg Roll Wraps, Wing’s Soy Sauce, Wing’s Plum Sauce
This recipe yields about 18 egg rolls.
- 1 package (454 g) Wing’s Egg Roll Wraps
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Water for sealing the wraps
- Wing’s Plum Sauce for dipping
- 4 cups (300 g) Cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup (110 g) Carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup (60 g) Glass Noodles/Vermicelli Noodle
- 1 tsp (3 g) Ginger, finely graded
- ½ cup (50 g) Green Onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (18 g) + 1 tsp (6 g) Salt
- ½ tbsp (10 g) Sugar
- 2 tsp (1.6 g) Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp (2 g) White Pepper
- 1 tsp (2 g) Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp (7.5 g) Corn Starch
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Wing’s Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp (18 g) Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Sesame Oil
- In a large mixing bowl add 1 tablespoon (18 g) of salt to the shredded cabbage and set aside for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes squeeze the cabbage to remove excess water.
- While cabbage is resting, in a separate bowl soak the glass noodles in hot water for 10 minutes or until soften. Cut the noodles to about 2 inch (5 cm) length.
- Combine the prepared cabbage, glass noodles, graded ginger, green onion, carrots, corn starch, salt, sugar, white pepper, black pepper, vegetarian oyster sauce, Wing’s Soy Sauce, garlic powder and sesame oil in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
Folding Egg Rolls
- Prepare and egg mixture for sealing the wraps by combining the egg and water in a small bowl and beating with a fork until combined.
- To start filling the Wing’s Egg Roll Wraps, rotate the wrap to a diamond shape. Place 2 tablespoons (30 – 35 g) of filling in the lower third of the wrap. Gently brush the egg mixture along the edges of wrap.
- Fold the bottom corner over the filling. Gently tucking in the filling. Bring the right and left corner to the center. Making sure to seal all sides and continue to roll up the filling. Discover How to wrap egg rolls.
- Repeat for remaining egg rolls and keep covered with a damp cloth until ready to fry.